LOOKS OF NO. ST. PAUL

We want you to add your own two cents worth to the discussions. This area will tell you how.

LOOKS OF NO. ST. PAUL

Postby Chrome Dome » 05 Jul 2005, 12:20

WE HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 40YRS. WAS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE, NOW IT IS GOING DOWN HILL FAST. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE AROUND AND LOOK, ITIS APAULING. ENFORCER HAS A LOT TO DO.
Chrome Dome

I'm so disappointed

Postby suzyq22 » 03 Nov 2006, 12:13

I spent most of my growing-up years in North St. Paul, on 8th Avenue, living with my mother (Lucille Ross) and grandmother (Rose Paulson). I'm so sorry to read all the posts about how NSP is declining. I have some wonderful memories from the 40's to the late 50's, when I got married and moved elsewhere. My dad was William ("Bud") Ross, and he lived most of his life on 6th Avenue with his mother, Minnie Minke. I now live in Texas, but try to keep up with the home town goings-on. From what I've read, the news isn't good. I wish I could do something to help. When we (my brothers, mother & grandma) lived there, it was pretty nice - people were proud of their yards and kept them neat, we never worried about crime, the police force had maybe 3 policemen, and it was just a generally small-town, wonderful place to grow up. Everyone knew everyone, and every parent kept an eye out on every other parents' kids. We made our own safe fun. I'm so disappointed that it's deteriorated to the point that it has. None of my family live there, now; my mother and father are dead, and the only ties I have are memories. I'm so sorry things have gotten so bad! My name is Suzanne Ross Reiter, and I grew up on 8th Avenue, playing with the Howard and Anderson kids, Sharon Springborn, and others. I sure miss those safe, secure, idyllic days. I plan to keep checking this web site occasionally and will hopefully read some GOOD news!
suzyq22

Return to How to use the forum