A North High legend has passed on.

Keep in contact, discuss reunions, share experiences. Where are they now?

A North High legend has passed on.

Postby Tremors » 08 Jan 2018, 15:33

Good ol' Mr. Gustafson is gone. :cry:

He was one of those legitimate "old school" types. And it wasn't until I read his obituary that he had once been drafted by the Green Bay Packers! :shock:

A gruff and demanding coach and teacher with a low tolerance for BS, but he worked to get the best out of ya; he may not have always succeeded, but it was his way of trying. I myself always like the guy, and while I was never the great academic or athletic star in his universe, I think he liked me too back in the day, though I'm sure after all these years he wouldn't have remembered me.

In fact, I know he didn't remember me now that I think of it. I ran into him at the "new" North High's open house several years ago and reintroduced myself to him. Perfectly reasonable, as he was a teacher at North for the better part of 40 years and taught thousands of kids over the years, and I was one of them from several years back!

Not only was he my gym teacher, but for those of you who are familiar with my various "car stories" posted on here, you should know that it was Gus who taught me to drive...or at least help with the "behind the wheel" portion of my driver's ed.

Sure hope he never read any of those "car stories". Wouldn't want him to think that he failed to teach me anything! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/0000236295/?fullname=john-gary-gus-gustafson
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude!
Tremors

Return to NSP area Schools and Alumni