Been quiet ‘round here lately

Get to know something about your fellow posters. Decidedly non-political.

Been quiet ‘round here lately

Postby Tremors » 22 Sep 2015, 11:38

We haven't had a new post in months; although I have noted that people--myself included--do come on here periodically and read posts…presumably. That or its just more bots and marketing d-bags, and no one actually reads this stuff anymore. :?

This forum may not predate the invention of "social media", but I would submit that with the dominance of social media (SM) today, along with the functionality and flexibility SM sites offers, people are turning away bulletin boards like this. A site like this does still offer the easy option (or assumption) of anonymity, for good or bad, but if you want to go through the effort to set up a Facebook (Instagram, LinkedIn, Etc.) account that doesn’t reveal your identity you could do that too.

There are Facebook pages dedicated to NSP with far more people who like those pages and more numerous topics than are now found here; and posts on those pages generate greater and faster responses. Hell, I’d bet that the overwhelming majority of people on those Facebook pages do not even know this site exists and has for a decade.

Not that I am suggesting we shut SONSP down, I’m just lamenting the loss of vitality that we used to have here. It is what it is.

So what you been up to? :|
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude!
Tremors

Re: Been quiet ‘round here lately

Postby StanHilliard » 28 Sep 2015, 11:25

Tremors wrote:So what you been up to? :|

I have had to neglect SONSP lately. A number of things happened together. They say you can't take it with you, but My main computer died and took all my files and programs with it. I have finely recovered most of the files from the "cloud" and reinstalled the programs. Then I got quite sick and took some bad medicine to boot. (My wife was afraid I was dying but I don't think so.) I'm OK now. :D

Tremors wrote:There are Facebook pages dedicated to NSP with far more people who like those pages and more numerous topics than are now found here; and posts on those pages generate greater and faster responses. Hell, I’d bet that the overwhelming majority of people on those Facebook pages do not even know this site exists and has for a decade.

I want to figure out how to make SONSP more active and known. In the beginning I use to put information in the NSP library and around town. I haven't been doing that. I want to start by getting familiar with the sites you mention. Would you post links?

And maybe you have some more ideas on the path forward.
StanHilliard
Site Admin

Return to Building Bridges