A Few Observations

What's going on around town ? Ya got problems ? Come here. Got solutions ? Let's hear em. Please keep topic about North Saint Paul Stuff.

A Few Observations

Postby Tremors » 24 Aug 2011, 17:39

It's kinda fun to go back over some of the older posts and see what was discussed and how things have changed. Doing so I noticed a couple things:
1. Stories and hot-button political threads are, by far, the most popular. Enough said.
2. Threads started by Disgruntled, even those with no replies have more views-generally speaking-than posts by others with few or no replies. A polarizing figure to be sure, his point of view certainly drew lots of attention and certainly lots of debate.
3. In the 1st couple years there were several registered users who only posted a few times, but their posts were relevant to NSP and to this forum. They posted once, twice or a handful of times and never returned. Today, most newly registered users who post only a few times are marketing D-Bags who have no concern about NSP or the topics of this forum. They post once, twice or a handful of times and we wish they never return.
4. Lately there are often several people "viewing" the forum's various topics (often listed as "posting a message"), but I doubt they are actually people-probably bots or some tech-nerd thing like that as opposed to individual people reading posts.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude!
Tremors

Postby Eric N. » 07 Sep 2011, 23:14

How about this,the mayor SUCKS. What a mama's boy.
Remember in November!!! obuma has got to go
Eric N.

Explain?

Postby Bigtime » 18 Sep 2011, 14:13

Eric.........
I am not saying you are not right, but what part of "the mayor sucks" are you talking about? Anything specific?
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. (M West)
Bigtime

Re: Explain?

Postby Tremors » 18 Sep 2011, 14:20

Bigtime wrote:Eric.........
I am not saying you are not right, but what part of "the mayor sucks" are you talking about? Anything specific?

LOL. Reminds me of a college instructor who told us when it was time to fill out our course evaluations that phrases like "you suck" or "you're great" really don't have any value. It's the why behind "suck" or "great" that matters.
Tremors

Postby Eric N. » 19 Sep 2011, 07:02

A fine example: For decades if anybody wanted a variance to do something,or anything ,he would vote NO. He is still the mama's boy as always. Then his hostile attitude towards anybody that disagrees with him.That,and he likes to pass the buck,and or put something off till the next counsel meeting.
Eric N.

Postby Eric N. » 20 Feb 2012, 19:03

He hates the car show.I have no idea why.Maybe he can tell us. He wont,no balls. Mama's boy! Fists,guns, or knives.I am calling you out! Or are you a wimp? Come on,lets do it!
Eric N.

Postby Tremors » 20 Feb 2012, 21:15

The mayor hates the car show eh? I hope you're wrong, but in case you're not I have to ask-why? It works too well? Too many people enjoy it? It brings too many people into the downtown who otherwise wouldn't even know the city even existed? I swear some cities hate their own success.
Tremors

The mayor

Postby Bigtime » 27 Feb 2012, 22:27

Well he may get his way this year from what I have been told by some of the locals. He was complaining, and doesn't like the idea that the city cleans the streets after the Firday night get togethers. Out side of the antiquers and bars, most of the stores are closed anyhow. So he thinks its a unecessary event. But I heard that this last summer they put a plain cloths cop down at the end of the street by Sandburgs. When the hot cars came rolling through the barricades the plaincloths cop get a good look at the driver, and signaled the squad who to pull over. Evidently they did make some DUI arrest of car owners that were participating in the show. Not Good!
Bigtime

Postby Eric N. » 29 Feb 2012, 17:03

The POS has been against the car since almost day 1. Like when he still had hair.
Eric N.

Postby Tremors » 05 Mar 2012, 22:57

http://review-news.com/main.asp?SectionID=64&SubSectionID=130&ArticleID=12194

"Psst...okay, here's the plan: Let's replace the weekly car show in our historic, yet otherwise dead and dull downtown, with a new name for a street! It's genius! Follow my amazing logic. Instead of drawing a thousand or more people downtown every Friday evening, let's draw maybe 20 or so-I am an optimist!-with the new signs which will 'give North St. Paul more visibility and name recognition from commuters on Minnesota Highway 36'. Pure brilliance on our part!" :lol:

I don't know if the city is really against the success of the car show or not, but if so, I can just picture such "logic" taking place behind the closed doors of city hall.
8)
Tremors

Huh?

Postby Bigtime » 12 Apr 2012, 16:08

So what's the latest on the car show? Is it cancelled, cut back or still undecided?
Bigtime

Postby Eric N. » 13 Apr 2012, 14:56

No matter what the bald beagle wants,its on.
Eric N.

Return to North Saint Paul Community Chat